Join the Team
Our team is our connection to our customers. Our strength lies within the voices behind our support lines, the engineers behind our technology platform and the designers behind our intuitive, easy-to-use tools.
"I like working at IPOWER because it has the feeling of a small, aggressive, pragmatic company that doesn't take any past successes for granted."Bob Project Manager
"I enjoy working for IPOWER because every individual has the opportunity to make an impact. The engaging atmosphere makes it possible for everyone on the team to share ideas and have a voice."Christopher Web Designer
"My job gives me daily challenges, as well as the ability to learn new technologies and procedures. Since joining the IPOWER team, I have received four promotions in three years."Randy Software Engineer
Career Opportunities in Redwood City CA
Senior Software Engineer
Come join the team as a Senior Software Engineer responsible for the design and development of new and innovative products and services. In this position, you will contribute to the growth and become a key member of the Center of Excellence for Product Development at our Redwood City, CA site.
What you will do:
- Build highly scalable web applications and other software applications
- Act in a technical leadership capacity, mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Resolve defects identified during QA testing in pre-production and production environments
- Work cross-functionally with various extended teams: product management, designers, QA, DevOps, customer support and other business drivers to deliver product features and to address critical customer issues
- Contribute to a scrum team focused on providing the essential benefit to the customers
What you will need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable and customer facing web and software applications
- Expert in Java/J2EE
- Experience with RDBMS (such as MySQL or Oracle) and/or NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB) is preferred
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services is a huge plus
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Experience with C++, C#, Perl, PHP is helpful but not required
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience and passion for Agile software development
What's in it for you?
We offer an opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment doing great things. You can expect a salary commensurate with your capabilities; a generous benefits package, and attractive corporate perks that will make you the envy of the neighborhood. If you feel your skills match then please reach out to learn more about this exciting opportunity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.