Join the Team
Our team is our connection to our customers. Our strength lies within the voices behind our support lines, the engineers behind our technology platform and the designers behind our intuitive, easy-to-use tools.
"I like working at IPOWER because it has the feeling of a small, aggressive, pragmatic company that doesn't take any past successes for granted."Bob Project Manager
"I enjoy working for IPOWER because every individual has the opportunity to make an impact. The engaging atmosphere makes it possible for everyone on the team to share ideas and have a voice."Christopher Web Designer
"My job gives me daily challenges, as well as the ability to learn new technologies and procedures. Since joining the IPOWER team, I have received four promotions in three years."Randy Software Engineer
Career Opportunities in Burlington MA
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
EIG is seeking a Senior MySQL Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Technical Operation team in our Burlington, MA office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage, tune, and architect exceptionally large databases with high transaction rates that deliver web content and services to our 3+ million customers.
You will support multiple teams engaged in both high volume transactional applications as well as OLAP applications for business intelligence.
What you will do:
- Manage MySQL in production/QA/dev environments including installation, configuration, upgrades, schema changes, etc.
- Provide best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and backup/recovery methodologies. Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for opportunities for optimization.
- Troubleshoot database issues, maintain database systems availability and scalability within production environments
- Perform capacity planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software, database configuration/architecture necessary to support application needs
- Monitor database performance, identify performance problems and make adjustments to database parameters as needed.
- Create and manage database metrics for trending including performance, capacity, inventory optimization, and infrastructure design. Monitor key performance indicators and design/revise solutions or enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels
- Support multiple Scrum teams to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
- Advise software developers on best practices for improving performance, scalability and operational manageability of production databases
- Part of on-call rotation to respond to and resolve application issues to ensure production applications are online
What you need for this position:
- Significant experience managing complex production database systems, preferably at a large consumer-facing Internet site. Understanding of database packaged releases, patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential
- Expert with MySQL: server tuning, query optimization, replication strategies, storage engines, monitoring, capacity planning, backup, HA, etc.
- Able to work under pressure and work effectively in a fast paced, highly data driven, changing environment
- Ability to develop procedures, processes and conventions to standardize database operations
- Solid understanding of RDBMS security administration
- Strong understanding of Linux operating system and storage solutions
- Proficient in the scripting language of your choice (shell, Perl, PHP, etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player and often work with business users, DBAs, and application engineers to find most suitable solution
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or Mathematics
- Experience with Scrum, Lean or Agile product development is a strong plus.
- Understanding of system monitoring tools such as Nagios and Cacti
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet, Chef)
- Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Experience with Cloud based systems or Virtual environments (VMware, EC2, openstack)
- Familiar with ETL processes and data warehouse maintenance operations
- Familiar with business processes around finance, billing, customer and relationship management
- Familiar with working in a SOC/SOX-compliant environment and how to design/ follow procedures as well as write documentation to maintain compliance
- MS SQL Server and Oracle DBA experience would be nice to have. Knowledge of emerging NoSQL and Big Data would be nice to have
What’s in it for you?
We offer a tremendous opportunity to work with great people and do great things. You can expect a salary in line with your capabilities, a strong benefits package, a great vacation package as well as an onsite gameroom that will make you the envy of the block. If you are the driven and adaptable person described above, possess a demonstrable history of delivering quality work, and are fun to be around, then we have a place for you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.